Today I’ll be sharing how I created a personalized Starbucks cup using vinyl and my Cricut machine.
I created this travel cup for my daughter Madison’s teacher for Valentine’s Day. This cup is not only perfect for a teacher gifts, but also a gift for a girlfriend or even just a little something special for yourself. It’s always fun to start your day with a personalized cup!
Right now, Starbucks is offering reusable plastic travel cups and mugs for only $2-$3. Not only are these cups initially a great deal, but if you bring them into Starbucks you’ll receive a discount on your drink. Win, win!
To make a customized Starbucks travel cup as a gift, you’ll need the following supplies.
Printable Favor Tag (Down Below)|Starbucks Travel Cup| Cricut Machine| Vinyl | Weeding Tool | Candy | Ribbon | Hole Punch | Optional: Fishing Line | Scissors
- Open a new project in Cricut Design Space.
- Select the “Text” tool and type in your wording.
- Change font to a font of your choice. I went with the Cricut’s DJ Flirt font. I’ve found this to be a great font for both vinyl and iron-on projects.
- Add hearts or other graphics using the “Images” tool. Select the image or your choice, and place it in your design.
- Resize your wording and image to fit on your travel cup. For my Venti sized cup, I designed my wording to be 3.5 inches across and I set the curve diameter to 6.2 for my bottom word.
- Once you’ve finished your design, select “Make It” and prepare your Cricut mat with your vinyl.
- Adjust your Cricut dial to “Vinyl”, select “Cut” and wait for your project to complete cutting.
- Once cut, remove the vinyl from your mat and weed out the unwanted pieces using your Cricut weeding tool.
- Apply transfer tape to your cut vinyl design, and and peel back the vinyl backing paper. Vinyl will no be attached to transfer tape.
- To attach the vinyl to your travel mug, begin by positioning the transfer tape on your travel cup surface. Be sure to smooth out any folds or bubbles before and carefully peeling back the transfer tape.
- Now the best part – fill your travel cup with the recipient’s favorite candy!
- To finish off your design, add a decorative ribbon using my FREE PRINTABLE: “A little treat for someone sweet” favor tag.
Please share your custom travel cups – I’d love to see how they come out! Follow me @sprinkledwithpaper on Instagram and use the hashtag #sprinkledwithpaper when sharing your projects!