“Get in, loser, we’re throwing a party!” If you’re a fan of the hit Broadway musical or movie “Mean Girls,” you know that a pink-filled, Plastics-approved celebration is an absolute must.
Mean Girls Party Planning
Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or just want an excuse to bring your own Burn Book to life, this ultimate Mean Girls Musical Party Planning Guide is here to help you turn your event into a fetch extravaganza.
In this guide, we’ll take you through each step of the planning process, from setting the tone with a “So Fetch” theme to creating a playlist that even Regina George would envy.
So grab your pink attire, put on your favorite Broadway tunes, and let’s make your Mean Girls party the talk of North Shore High!
Mean Girls Party Decor
So Fetch Mylar Balloons
Elevate your Mean Girls-themed party with these “So Fetch” Mylar Balloons! Imagine the adorableness as they hang above a themed dessert table, create a captivating backdrop for your photo booth, or seamlessly integrate into a stylish balloon garland. The possibilities are endless!
Mean Girls Glitter Cupcake Toppers
When it comes to party supplies, my absolute favorite has to be a cupcake or cake topper! Although I usually enjoy crafting my own toppers, the sheer adorableness of these caught my eye. After factoring in the cost of the paper and considering the time investment, opting for these pre-made cupcake toppers is simply a no-brainer.
Hot Pink Solo Cups
These hot pink solo cups are an absolute blast! They exude a level of vibrancy and fun that even Regina George would undoubtedly endorse. Cheers to these solo cups that bring a touch of Regina-approved style to any party!
That’s so Fetch Hanging Door Sign
Whether you choose to hang this door sign on an entrance door, or repurpose it as a fun addition to your Photo Booth or dessert table backdrop, its versatility adds the perfect touch to elevate your party atmosphere.
Mean Girls Party Entertainment
- Movie Night: If you’re lucky enough to catch the Mean Girls Musical movie in theaters you are sure to have a blast. Otherwise cozy up for a fun movie night with either the original Mean Girls movie or the Mean Girls Musical if it’s available.
- Karaoke Night: Set up a karaoke station with popular songs from the Mean Girls musical. Encourage guests to channel their inner Plastics and perform their favorite numbers. You can even have a mini talent show with prizes for the best performances.
- DIY Burn Book Station: Create a DIY Burn Book station where guests can customize their own mini Burn Books. Provide notebooks, markers, stickers, and other craft supplies. This doubles as a fun activity and a party favor.
- For my daughter’s party we’re going to include an Instax camera to the station This way, the girls can capture special moments throughout the party and add these instant photos to their personalized “burn books.”
- Trivia Game: Test your guests’ Mean Girls musical knowledge with a trivia game. Prepare a list of questions related to the characters, songs, and plot of the musical. Divide guests into teams and offer small prizes for the winners.
- Photo Booth with Props: Set up a Mean Girls-themed photo booth with props like pink sunglasses, Burn Book cutouts, and Plastics crowns. This will provide guests with a chance to capture the memories to add to their own “burn books”.
Mean Girl Party Favors
Moisturizing Lip Mask
Embrace the Mean Girls theme with a playful and pampering lip treatment. These would be great to use at the party for a spa night activity or to add to your party favor bags.
Whatever I’m Getting Cheese Fries Cosmetic Bag
This Mean Girls inspired cosmic bag would be the perfect party favor either by its self of filled with fabulous goodies.
Paper Mean Girls Party Favor Bags
Looking for an economical party favor bag that still matches perfectly with your Mean Girls theme. These paper mean girls bag are perfect for party favor goodies or treats.
For my daughter’s birthday, we’ve decided to fill these Mean Girls Bags with an assortment of candies—perfect for sneaking into the Mean Girls Musical movie.
Pink Spa Headbands
Add one of these pink spa headbands to your favor bags or consider offering it as a standalone gift. Either way, it’s a little gesture that any girl would truly appreciate.
Mean Girls Party Food Ideas
Hosting a Mean Girls-themed party provides a fun opportunity to incorporate clever puns and who doesn’t love a good pun. Here are some Mean Girls-inspired party food ideas:
- You Can’t Sit with Us Cupcakes: Decorate cupcakes with pink frosting and add the Mean Girls cupcake toppers found here.
- Burn Book Cookies: Create cookies in the shape of the Burn Book and decorate them with edible markers or icing. Write funny messages or quotes from the movie on each cookie.
- “On Wednesdays, We Wear Pink” Candy Buffet: Set up a candy buffet featuring pink candies and treats. Label it with a sign that says “On Wednesdays, We Wear Pink.”
- Cheese and Carb Platter: Create a cheese and carb platter, a nod to the famous line “Is butter a carb?” Include a variety of cheeses, crackers, and maybe some buttery pastries.
- PB&J Kalteen Bars: Make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, cut them into bar shapes, and label them as “PB&J Kälteen Bars.”
- Pink Punch: Create a punch bowl with a pink beverage and give it a clever name, such as “Mean Girls Punch” or even better “Fetch Fizz.”
Remember to have fun with the Mean Girls theme, the night is about fun, laughter and making memories with friends. Happy Planning!
I’d love to see how you’re Mean Girls party turned out! Please follow me @sprinkledwithpaper on Instagram and use the hashtag #sprinkledwithpaper to share how your’s turned out!
For more party inspiration, tips and tricks, visit my Celebrations page here.