By now, most schools in our area have officially started to re-open, and we could not be more excited!
Throughout the school year, we love to give class favors. I enjoy creating favors and the kids LOVE handing them out. But given all of the new rules following COVID, I’ve had to re-think class favors.
Because the favors will have to be something non-edible, I’d prefer not to hand out some cheap trinket that will break within the first few minutes of use. So, when I came across custom crayon names on Instagram, I knew I found the perfect class favor for one of the upcoming holidays!
To make your own custom crayon names, you will need the following supplies:
- Variety color pack of crayons
- A-Z large letters reverse Alphabet Silicone mold
- Baking sheet
- Cello bags
- Sprinkled with Paper’s printable Have a Bright School Year favor tags
ASSEMBLING THESE CRAYON NAMES COULD NOT BE ANY EASIER!
- Choose your colors for each letter. I used two to three colors per letter.
- Remove paper wrapper from crayons.
- Break crayons into thirds.
- Place broken crayons into silicone letter mold.
- Optional: sprinkle glitter into silicone mold.
- Place mold onto baking sheet and bake at 120 degrees for 8-12 minutes. Make sure all crayons have liquified before taking the mold out of the oven.
- Remove mold from oven and place into your freezer until the crayons have completely cooled (about 5-7 minutes).
- Remove crayon letters from mold and package any way you desire. I placed ours in rectangular cellophane bags and tied them with coordinating ribbon.
BONUS STEP: Add my “Have a Bright School Year” favor tags to your completed bags. Click here to purchase the printable, and receive 50% off with the promo code “Bright”.
Just print on standard 8.5″ x 11″ bright white cardstock. Cut out the tags, punch a hole in the top, and attach to the bags containing the crayons names with ribbon.
And there you have it – the perfect classroom favor!
For some other printable tags and favor ideas, visit my Printables Page!