By now, most schools in our area have officially started to re-open, and we could not be more excited!
Throughout the school year, we love to give class favors. I enjoy creating favors and the kids LOVE handing them out. But given all of the new rules following COVID, I’ve had to re-think class favors.
Unfortunately, this year there will be no candy or treats to hand out. Which is a serious bummer, because I was really looking forward to passing out my Frankenstein and Emoji favors again!
Because the favors will have to be something non-edible, I’d prefer not to hand out some cheap trinket that will break within the first few minutes of use. So, when I came across custom crayon names on Instagram, I knew I found the perfect class favor for one of the upcoming holidays!
To make your own custom crayon names, you will need the following supplies:
- Variety color pack of crayons
- A-Z large letters reverse Alphabet Silicone mold
- Baking sheet
- Cello bags
- Sprinkled with Paper’s printable Have a Bright School Year favor tags receive 50% off with the promo code “Bright”.
ASSEMBLING THESE CRAYON NAMES COULD NOT BE ANY EASIER!
- Choose your colors for each letter. I used two to three colors per letter.
- Remove paper wrapper from crayons.
- Break crayons into thirds.
- Place broken crayons into silicone letter mold.
- Optional: sprinkle glitter into silicone mold.
- Place mold onto baking sheet and bake at 120 degrees for 8-12 minutes. Make sure all crayons have liquified before taking the mold out of the oven.
- Remove mold from oven and place into your freezer until the crayons have completely cooled (about 5-7 minutes).
- Remove crayon letters from mold and package any way you desire. I placed ours in rectangular cellophane bags and tied them with coordinating ribbon.
BONUS STEP: Add my “Have a Bright School Year” favor tags to your completed bags. Click here to purchase the printable, and receive 50% off with the promo code “Bright”.
Just print on standard 8.5″ x 11″ bright white cardstock. Cut out the tags, punch a hole in the top, and attach to the bags containing the crayons names with ribbon.
And there you have it – the perfect classroom favor!
For some other printable tags and favor ideas, visit my Printables Page!
Which molds are best to buy ??
Julie Swansen says
Hi Susan! I’ve always had great success with the Wocuz brand molds. I’ve included a link above to purchase the version I have.
Reem Abdullh says
What sizes are the cello bags?
How do you get the stars on top? Mine stayed on the bottom
Julie Swansen says
Hi Kim! I put the stars in first at the bottom of the mold before putting the crayons in so that when I flip the mold, they end up on top. Hope that helps!