When it comes to getting ready to head back to school, you can’t forget about the teachers!
I like to create back to school teacher gifts that are both practical and have a personalized touch. We always give classroom supplies (dry erase markers, pens, post-it-notes, antibacterial wipes, etc.) in addition to a personalized item.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure for more information.
When I came across the lined paper totes a couple of weeks ago in Target’s “bullseye” section, I knew that with a little personalization, it would make the perfect addition to our gift this year!
To personalize the tote, I used my Cricut Air Explore. I simply designed files using Jack and Madison’s teachers’ names, cut the files using an iron-on material, placed the cutouts onto the center of the totes, and ironed them on. Super easy!
Since the tote bag has a lined paper design, I choose to use a silver iron-on material, to give a pencil/graphite look. I’m really happy with how it turned out!
Cricut steps for creating personalized iron-on teacher name:
- Click the “text” tool on the left menu, and type teacher’s name.
- Select your desired font.
- From the right-side menu, select “Ungroup text” – this will allow you to move individual letters for your desired design.
- Move the letters into the desired position – be sure they are touching each other.
- From the lower right-side menu, select “Weld” to re-attach the letters together.
- Resize the text size to fit the tote bag. Target’s bags are 12 inches x 12 inches, and I felt that text 8 inches wide by 4 inches high had a clean, even look.
- From the upper menu bar, click “Make it”.
Once in the “Make It” screen:
- You’ll want to select “mirror” image if using iron-on material. The material is placed adhesive-side up on the mat, so by mirroring the image, you will be able to flip the image right-side up when ironing onto the bag.
- Click “continue” in the bottom-right corner to begin your cut.
Once the bag was complete, I filled it with some teacher must-haves and a “Get to Know Me” questionnaire. Finding out your teacher’s birthday and favorite things at the beginning of the school year can come in very handy! Want to get to know your teacher better as well?
I’ve created a free printable questionnaire you can download and include with your teacher gift! Just enter your email below, and we’ll send you your free printable!
Printable Teacher Questionnaire
** Update: This giveaway has been completed. Congratulations to Sue from Buffalo, NY! **
Don’t forget about this week’s giveaway. Today’s the last day to enter, so be sure you subscribe before midnight tonight (Pacific Time Zone).
I’m giving away a Cat & Jack bento box, along with some fun lunchbox accessories (sandwich cutter, ice pack, silicone snack cups, and lunch box notes).
I’ve made it super simple to enter. Just subscribe to our email list below, and you’ll automatically be entered in this week’s giveaway. You must be 18 years old to enter, and located within the U.S. The winner will be notified via email and announced on Friday (tomorrow). Good luck!