It’s that time of year again, it’s soccer season! Growing up, I never played soccer but as I’ve learned the game over the last 6 seasons with my kids, I definitely wish I had. There is so much more to soccer than I had ever realized: positions, plays, strategy and gear.
The great thing about soccer is that the gear is minimal. Really, if you have a ball and an open area, it’s game on. But like most things in life, even though some equipments is necessary, it definitely helps with performance, i.e. cleats, shin guards and our now favorite soccer item, a water sprayer.
Here is San Diego, soccer season begins during the peak of our hottest time of year. The kids practice and games are in the high 80’s on most days. Although a water sprayer is nothing groundbreaking for most soccer families, I’m here to share that we found a game changing one for under $5!
It’s a 1/2-gallon sprayer that is technically used for gardening, but it’s the perfect size for the kids to use. It has multiple spray settings and most importantly, it’s super durable! Other players on our team have more expensive sprayers that give them so much trouble. So much that our $4 sprayer has become a team favorite.
To add a little cuteness to our sprayer, and because now multiple players have picked up the same one, I added two different H2O vinyl decals using my Cricut machine. Both files can be found for free below.
Supplies Needed for Customization:
- Upload SVG soccer file to Cricut Design Space
- Resize design and click make it
- Adjust your Cricut dial to “Vinyl”, select “Cut” and wait for your project to complete cutting.
- Once cut, remove the vinyl from your mat and weed out the unwanted pieces using your Cricut weeding tool.
- Apply transfer tape to your cut vinyl design, and and peel back the vinyl backing paper. Vinyl will now be attached to transfer tape.
- To attach the vinyl to your sprayer, begin by positioning the transfer tape on your water sprayer surface. Be sure to smooth out any folds or bubbles before and carefully peeling back the transfer tape.
I ordered mine online and picked it up the same day at my local Walmart. It’s seriously the simplest item, but it’s made a biggest impact this season.
If you end up customizing your own water sprayer, please tag me over on Instagram @sprinkledwithpaper. I would love to see how they turned out, and most importantly I would love to hear how much you love it!