Summertime is just around the corner. We’ve had an extra-long and extra-wet winter this year, and I don’t know about you, but I can’t wait for summertime. Long days at the pool, barbeques with friends and family, and evenings drinking crisp, refreshing cocktails. It also means teacher appreciation gifts and summer parties with the ladies (bridal showers, bachelorette parties, 4th of July barbeque).
I’m always looking for cute new gift ideas for the ladies in my life. Whether you’re looking for the perfect teacher’s gift idea, cute bridal shower favors, or the perfect hostess gift to bring to a summertime barbeque, I think you’ll love my vodka slush-inspired bar in a jar.
Bar in a (Mason) Jar
I just love mason jars. They are so versatile, and they make even simple crafts feel extra special.
For Christmas this year, I created a retro farmhouse winter terrarium. It went perfectly with my buffalo check themed decorations. I’ve also used mason jars as party favors for my non-toxic unicorn slime.
Today I’m using a tall mason jar with lid and straw that I found at Target to put together a bar in a jar for my daughter’s teacher gift.
To assemble the gift package, you will need:
- 16 oz tall mason jar with lid and straw
- 8.4 oz soda (I’m using Izze Sparkling Clementine for my vodka slush-inspired mix)
- 50 ml mini vodka (I decided to use a lime-flavored vodka)
- Cocktail umbrella or cocktail parasol
- “Cheers to Summer” favor tag (you can download my custom printable below)
- Baker’s twine
There’s really nothing to the assembly. Just be sure that the soda fits in the mason jar, and the attached mini liquor bottle pairs well with the drink inside!
To download my free printable “Cheers to Summer” printable, just enter your e-mail below and I send you the file.
Bar in a Jar Cocktail Recipe Ideas
Here are a few bar in a jar combinations:
- Whiskey and lemon-lime soda
- Whiskey and cola
- Scotch and soda water (my husband’s favorite)
- Tequila and grapefruit soda
Vodka Orange Slush Recipe
Here’s the original vodka orange slush recipe that inspired my bar in a jar.
- 18 oz frozen orange juice concentrate, slightly thawed
- 2 cups of lime vodka
- 3 ½ cups of water
- ½ cup of granulated sugar
- 2 liters of lemon-lime soda
- Mix all ingredients and freeze for 2-3 hours prior to serving;
- Serve in chilled glasses (I like mason jar mugs); and
- Garnish with fresh orange slice and cocktail umbrella